Sunday, August 5, 2012

Language Camp- Day 1

I will NOT let this post be about my ailments... but it's so CLASSiC that I would be starting language camp with a cold virus that is now causing me to lose my voice. yep- so classic!  I don't feel well, but still have to be on my "A" game.  I do thank God that I have HIS unlimited source to tap into, because there's no way I can manage without it!  Pray the cold will lift soon... my sciatica is letting up and I'm feeling so much better with that, so thank you to all who have been praying!  I'm just curious as to how I've been giving the "lot" of all these physical ailments?!!!!

We ended the international basketball camp week with around 31 campers who made decisions about Christ!  Some incredible life-changing things happened, which is great to be a part of.  Over 154 campers (ages 7-13) are here for language camp now.... all arriving today!  We had yesterday to do laundry and get into Tomaszow to get some items.  BUT,  guess who are going to be campers?!! Yep- the girls!  They are in cabin 8 with 4 other Polish girls.  Their English level is from little to alot (more in the medium to little range), which made for some funny moments.  Pray for Lauren... she had a hard time this late afternoon and evening with her decision to be "camper".  She was sad because she didn't have any "friends" (Kaylor is in the same cabin, but she didn't count!) and she was going through the whole language barrier thing.  I wasn't surprised she was having some doubts.  BUT, after our evening meeting and worship time (and my sitting with her with her group), I went with her and Kaylor to the cabin because Lauren was ready to meet the girls.  So, I "broke the ice" and got all the girls laughing at my trying to learn Polish from the girls and just trying to make Lauren comfortable.  It must've worked because when I said I should probably go and get to bed, she said she was fine and gave me a hug goodbye!  This is a big step for me as well, if I'm willing to admit so!  Pray for the girls... K & L and the others.... Ola, Olga, Ania, Suza... may God bless their week together and bless one another!

Heading to bed now! Night!

No comments: