Thursday, July 5, 2012

Now off to Illinois....

So, we've had 2.5 weeks with my family in the fabulous and pristine state of Wisconsin.  I can't articulate well enough how much I have loved my mornings sitting on the back deck (humidity and all!) drinking my cup of coffee.  I'm surrounded by God's creation... the birds chirping wildly about me.  It's so relaxing and contemplative and such a change from city life. We enjoyed days of fishing on the Mississippi River, going to the infamous Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells (largest waterpark in US for those non-midwesterners reading this!), stopping by the "Field of Dreams" filmed location on our way back from visiting friends in Iowa, pool time in the city pool (it's so crazy hot here right now!), and then just the good ol' local stops and eateries with my family.  Ahhh,, yes,  I've had some good quiet times reflecting, resting and just, well... resting.  It's been good. Coming home to my roots refuels my soul!

So, now we are off to Illinois to spend a couple of weeks with Josh's family and the pace is much faster as we dart about from place to place and we have crazy fun with my nephews and Josh's aunts, uncles, cousins and all!!   I'm thankful that we have this extended amount of time each summer to be with our families in the midwest... most people do not have this luxury.  So, off I go now to make my last cup of coffee in WI... until sometime next summer when we return from Poland!
Last boat ride for the year on the Mississippi...
Josh and the girls in the "Field of Dreams" cornfield... amazing how easy you can "appear"!


The girls and I at Pikes Peak- a most breathtaking view of the Mississippi River with the Wisconsin bluffs behind us and my hometown, Prairie du Chien.  We went with my Grandfather and his wife to an ecumenical worship service on Sunday morning... it was so beautiful!

No comments: