Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May happenings....

May has been a month of excursions for me... if you can believe it (most people here can not), I haven't even been to Warsaw yet to "sight see"!!  Thankfully, if it doesn't happen before we leave, that's ok because I've been there plenty of times before.  However, it just goes to show that we haven't gotten out much, eh?!!!  BUT, with the visit of my parents and two field trips I get to go on with my school, I am making up for it now!


Kaylor and I were located in southwestern Poland right along the border of the Czech Republic for her 5 day field trip.

Kaylor and I posing in front of the natural spring... we took a hike to this little town that is known for it's spring water.  I didn't particularly care for the metalic tasting water, but they claim you look younger by drinking it! (ha!)

Polish students (our school and another school) in English speaking activities led by guys and gals in their 20's from around the world (associated with Youth in Action, a European Forum).  It was a really fantastic time and I even learned a lot about other countries, too! 

One morning we had an excursion to town that has a well-known fortress.  The view from the top was beautiful.

Love the homemade honey here... took this shot while on a "hike".

We hiked a mountain and this was our view from the top.

Kaylor showing off her strength!

 My parents came for 1 1/2  weeks before a 2 week journey through Germany, Austria, Switzerland and then the Czech Republic.  They are still there now and then will return next week for a few days before flying back to the States.  Their visit has been a huge blessing to me!  This is their first time to Europe and a dream come true for them, although Poland actually wasn't on their initial dream visit tour!!  I think they're happy they have gotten to see some of Poland, even with us in it!  It was a TOTAL surprise to the girls and actually arrived on Kaylor's birthday.  Too bad we didn't take a snap shot of their faces when they walked in the door to our flat!
Lauren and with Grandma in Krakow

My parents and I in Krakow

No comments: