Friday, March 16, 2012

Gone Public!

Got the "official" letter from my school district accepting my leave of absence.  It was as official as you can get prior to the letter, without it being "official" if you know what I mean...but now it can become "public" knowledge in terms of my being able to share it with my staff at school, etc.  Been getting many encouraging words and I started to share it with some of my classes.  With the position I have at my school, I often have students every year for their middle school years... so we become like a family.  A few of my 6th graders had a tough time, but I think it made them feel a little bit better that I'll be back for their 8th grade year.  I had to do a better job (visual pictures and using a calendar) to explain to one new student who is new to the language... I have no one to translate for her as she speaks Arabic!  I think her tears were from the heaviness she is going through right now and thought I was leaving soon and not coming back.  She calmed down when I went a different way about trying to explain it to her.  :)  If you wouldn't mind praying for whomever will be subbing for me for the year, I'd appreciate it... it's a tough position to take on and I pray the person I'm hoping can fill in for me will get the position.

Well- that's the "latest" and looking forward to a quiet Friday evening!

No comments: