Monday, March 26, 2012

on and on...

I've added some more email subscriptions to the blog.... so I extend our sincere... "welcome" and thanks for partnering with us in Poland (even though we're not quite there yet!!).  We just purchased our tickets and are set to leave on July 27th!

I just want to post that I have been extremely humbled by God's personal love for my family through many of you... right when I need some "assurance" from Him- He's there using you.  I wasn't able to make it through Sunday's church service without the flowing of tears for many reasons, either.  One being that I just learned that good friends of ours were going to partner with us financially and they were going to start much earlier than we had asked in our letter.  This was incredibly touching to me because of just the tough year we've had with our vehicles and extra expenses and to have that extra support those few months early will help absorb some of our upfront costs (like the girls' passports--- that we have to renew because they expire next year and international insurance).  I was so touched and humbled with God's generosity for us personally.

Secondly, because I witnessed our church declare its intent to move forward with an amazing opportunity to reach more people in our community. We have been hearing about this and working up to this moment where the rubber meets the road, you know what I mean?  And to witness dozens upon dozens of people, and of all ages, walk up front to drop their pledge cards for the campaign was just so (again) humbling to be witness of and to be a part of.  I pray "big" for "others" and our church, but find myself, if I'm honest, resorting to a "but who am I to think God would do that for me" mentality. I've just been more aware that it's not the "getting" the provision met, but the awareness of WHO HE IS.  

Yes, I am saddened to be stepping away from being a part of our local church's work here for the next year and not "seeing" His handiwork, but I also know that what God is calling us to is just as important. I have no idea what He's been orchestrating behind the scenes, but I'm catching some glimpses that it's pretty awesome and I can't help but feel that somehow the work in Poland and here will be connected in a way I would've never imagined.  It's just... well, just so humbling to know God personally, to be loved by Him personally, and to see and feel His lovingkindness through His people.  What more can I say?!

So- in a nutshell, that's why I couldn't make it through church service without shedding "some" tears.

No comments: