Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Have a great day!

Acts 2: 42-47
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who where being saved.

I didn't get a chance to put up today's scripture until now (as I'm heading off to bed). BUT, you are still in the middle of day back home.

The week is going well thus far. The weather is nice, which helps with 150 campers. A church from California (Discovery in Simi Valley) is here this week with a fantastic team of talented people! They have this cool program for the morning teaching time. They use something put out by KidsStuff based in Georgia I think. It's so cool and interactive and really makes the Bible come alive!

I have to share a funny story that happened today. Ok, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time. Magda, a ProEm staffer and I worked for almost 3 hours preparing 4 different cards for the stamping club. We have never done it quite like this: VERY ORGANIZED. Each table was a separate station with pre-cut paper to make that particular card. We had the stamp that was to be used for that card as well as the ink. Because we can get a high number of kids, we had it set up that they would be able to choose to make 2 cards and then create a bookmark...and that was IT. It was (going to be) so cool. WELL... the club was SUPPOSE to start at 5 pm. I come down stairs to the room at 5 til and found a mass of people....with a chaotic mess. I looked only briefly (as my eyes could bear no more!) and saw pieces of paper and ink and stamps allllll over the room. I walked immediately out of the room...not knowing if I would cry or scream (I tend to cry out of frustration!). As soon as I went into the dining hall I saw Magda. Not only had people gone in and done this without anyone there, apparently she came in the room 20 minutes to five and it had already begun. She, too, had to leave the room immediately. All our hard work had been destroyed. There was no going back.

So, we laughed and hugged and vented to one another. She got to talk with the camp director because apparently a counselor had been with the kids and allowed it. Magda was NOT happy about that! So, I took care of the clean up after dinner. Nothing was left or salvageable! I couldn't believe it, but I just chalked it up to "yet-another-way-of-being-flexible-and-showing-grace". Worse things could happen I guess. :)

No comments: