Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ephesians 3:14-19

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

This is a particularly important verse as we start the new camp week. I have four guys from the Tomascow basketball league that are not followers of Christ that I want us all to be praying for. There are about 160 basketball players, plus an extra 100 people (counselors, staff, narnia-english, media challenge,etc), but please pray for these four guys: Sebastian, Pshemek, Seimon, Uglosh (I know I totally botched spellings!!) Machek has been building a relationship with these four guys through basketball and them coming was an answer to prayer. Pray through this verse for these guys to "grasp how wide, long, high and deep is the love of Christ... and to know that His love surpassess knowledge.

It was a wild night with the "draft" of the basketball teams. It was so loud and crazy, but somehow Kaylor managed to fall asleep! Josh is coaching a team made up of guys from different countries... and he's the shortest one! This one guy, tallest and best player in camp, from Belarus totally towered over Josh! I think Josh said he's about 6'11 and from Belarus. Josh came up to his chest!!! He's excited about having a pretty good team, the Houston Rockets! Go Rockets!

I will head out to Tomascow in the morning and begin the English course using the Narnia movie. The movie (in answering my brother's question) is shown in segments each day and based off those clips, we'll teach English. Each lesson has two themes we'll be teaching (based from the clips) and we're focusing on vocabulary building and then communicative activities. I am helping a father and son from Colorado Springs, CO who work with Greater European Mission. We'll be teaching intermediates. Tomorrow's themes are greetings and clothing. I'm looking forward to seeing more how this works. There are spiritual components written into the curriculum based on the movie, just not in day 1 (as I've only really read through lesson 1). I'm there to assist these guys since they've never done this kind of thing tomorrow. It'll be interesting! I know there are 30 kids (10-14 years old) registered and none go to the Tomy Church, so that's really cool! So, I'll probably have more info this week on how they use the movie. I also love these movies. I liked the 2nd one better!

It's a late night and time for me to "hit the hay". Blessings to all!

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

wow! what a cool idea to use a movie to teach English! can't wait to hear about how that goes...