Monday, July 28, 2008

God is answering prayers!

Ok, so for all you praying for my back to heal, THANK YOU! I woke up this morning (Monday) and it felt considerably better. Resting has helped! I was even able to get out of bed without the hunched back! Walking isn't as painful. I am finding today that I just can't sit for a very long time. Please continue to pray. I just have to also tell you that on top of the back, I ended up with stomach problems which kept me up all night Sat and into Sunday morning. This is a problem I've been dealing with for a little over a year and am on medicine for as well. Needless to say, I missed church yesterday sleeping and trying to recuperate. God got me through the ordeal and I know that He was carrying me through it with your prayers. I was spent emotionally with it by the end of yesterday. Thankfully, once I got into Tomascow and was able to get some bland food, my stomach felt a lot better.

BUT... let's not talk about my physical problems any longer!!!! The weather the last few days has been absolutely gorgeous (I'm sorry to hear there's so much heat and humidity back in the states in the midwest!) and much to be thankful for. I appreciate the encouraging postings and we can't believe the team from Westside and Rochester arrive on Saturday. Our time has gone by so quickly!!

We are being wisked away on Thursday to go to Krakow with another ProEm family and will meet our team back at the camp on Saturday evening. Elizbeth (a gal from Westside serving here this summer) along with the ProEm director will meet the team in Warsaw. They'll visit OldTown Warsaw, have a nice lunch and do some sight-seeing (with jet lag!) Then they'll head down to the camp in the evening. We've got another full camp this week with teenagers who have the creative streak! They choose to learn about drama, art, choir, media, digital photography, blogging, cinemetography, etc. They get in these tracks two times a day. This gives Josh a break this week. I will be helping this week in an English club in the afternoons. I'm working with the same group with Greater Europe Mission using Narnia. It's a different format, so a bit of a stretch for them to adapt. I'm so used to this type of style having worked at the camps for many years, so I'm much better at "winging" it need be!

I do so appreciate your prayers for my health, but please continue to pray for the lives of these teenagers here this week...that their hearts are open to receiving the love of Christ and that we all here can display it in a positive way! Pray for the staff....it's hotter and they are continuing to work very hard. Love to you all...

No comments: