Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rest Day!

It's "rest day" in so may ways!!!

Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."

It's a great verse for me today. I ended up having to miss out on the last day of Narnia yesterday because of my back. I have a problem with a disc that tends to bulge out if it gets aggravated enough. This is the second time this year. Instead of coming on in one sudden painful moment, as it did this spring as I tried to pick up Kaylor, I felt my back hurting on Wednesday. Thinking if I just eased off on holding the girls and carrying them or things, then it would get better. It hasn't. I brought some pain medicine with me and took some yesterday morning as it really hurt. I became so dizzy at breakfast that I ended up having to lay down and sleep. My back hurt so bad that I could hardly walk. I have been "resting" and doing my best not to sit for a long period of time. I took some ibuprofren and it has helped me tolerate the pain better as I walk and stand. There's not much I can really do but rest, so I'm thankful for a lazy Saturday! I'm glad Josh is a team player as he's helped me a great deal!

So... I "wait patiently" for the pain to subside and God to heal my back. Pray for God's healing to quickly do its job. So many of the Enemy's attacks comes through physical problems. I ask God to be victorious in preventing him of setting me back any more than I have been from participating and being all that I can be for Him!

3 comments:

rccdavid said...

We are praying for the group from RCC & Westside that are getting ready to leave in all of our services this weekend... and we prayed for your back to get better too! Have a restful day (or you might need a couple)and have a great week. Tell Josh & the girls I said hello.

Cheri said...

Ann
We all prayed for you this weekend. Hey, remember there are things that help if possible where you are and with your busy schedule. If you get a break, try to ice your back 20 minutes, six times a day or at the very least keep ibuprofen in your system throughout this flare up. Stretching out flat on the floor may help too to let the disc settle back into place. Carefully keep moving, if you stop completely it can really get bad. (I certainly sympathize with you, I have been through all of this myself too)
God bless you and your family.
Cheri, Randy and Luke Fraker

Jarretts said...

Hope your back feels better soon! I found your Poland blog a couple weeks ago and have really enjoyed reading about your adventures. I love that you have your girls there with you to experience everything too. Take care! Kristin Jarrett