Thursday, July 24, 2008

Matthew 7:24-27

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against the house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."


This was a verse that really struck me while I was in highschool. It wasn't until a few years ago when we were going through a really tough seaon of life that this verse actually became applicable. I'm thankful for having Him as our rock and foundation of life. I couldn't imagine not having hope and His promises such as these words.


I don't have the numbers of how many made decisions last night following the invitation message, but I know of one girl that is from Tomascow. Adrienne and Machek apparently have built a relationship with her while she would come to the basketball leagues on Saturdays to watch the guys play. She made a decision that she wanted Christ at the center of her life! I don't have her name (duh, I should've asked!!), but pray for her through this above Scripture!
Here's the four guys we've been praying for from the Tomascow basketball league!

No comments: